Car accidents cause neck injuries. Ice and snow cause falls. Lifting a box can cause back and shoulder injuries. In general, Sports Medicine, the treatment of injuries of the muscular and skeletal system, focuses on all sports and movement injuries such as:
- Joint sprains and strains
- Muscle strains and tears
- Foot pain (Plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia)
- Torn ligaments
- Knee pain and weakness
- Back pain, tightness, and immobility
At Integrative Sports Medicine, we specialize in all movement and sports injuries including the ones obtained in the office, on the field or court, or in your own home. Dr. Abrahamson, fellowship trained in Sports Medicine, approaches sports injuries first from a joint health perspective and then works to figure out why the injury happened in the first place. From there, he applies a variety of treatments from bracing, casting and splinting to injections in order to help you get better. In some cases, Dr. Abrahamson may have you visit other specialists as well, depending on precisely what you need.
Dr. Abrahamson is experienced in:
- Throwing analysis
- Gait analysis
- Overuse injuries of all joints, both large and small
- Injection therapy
- Splinting and casting
- Concussion care
- Back injuries
- Interpreting X-rays or MRIs.
- DOT and other work-related issues including exams
- Overall physical diagnosis
- Injury care for events
- Helping your PT, massage therapist, personal trainer or coach get you “over a hump”
- Ordering consultations to other providers when appropriate
If you have experienced a movement injury or a sports injury, please give us a call.
From concussions to closed fractures to sprains and strains and even arthritis, our sports injury trained team is trained to help.